Part of Soccer Chaplains United’s work includes providing meaningful service opportunities — for athletes to serve and organizations to give back. Chaplains help connect those we serve into community opportunities for service and giving. Chaplains also help distribute donated gear and equipment to non-profits, churches, and individuals for a wider, global impact.
Local and Global Mission
Soccer Chaplains United gives back to local and global communities using soccer to make an impact. We resource donated and new soccer equipment for local and global mission projects. We accept applications for different work and community projects and resource teams to use soccer for their own outreach efforts. See our different projects throughout the years.
- What’s the criteria to request gear?
- Christian-oriented – Soccer Chaplains United is a Christian organization. As chaplains we minister in an inter-faith setting (i.e. people of all faiths). Project proposals that serve a diversity of people and faiths, but are from a reputable Christian mission organization or individual are important for maintaining the integrity of Soccer Chaplains United’s mission and vision.
- Soccer – Soccer Chaplains United is focused on ministering to the world of professional soccer through chaplaincy and chaplain development, thus, soccer-oriented projects are part of our vision and focus for equipment proposals.
- Cross-cultural and socio-economic – Soccer Chaplains United values projects that meet a wide range of needs. Proposals that reach into diverse cultural, social, and economic peoples and communities are given higher consideration than others.
- Community size – Soccer Chaplains United likes to see proposals that stretch the dollar and resources as far as possible. In other words, to reach as many people as possible.
- Type of request – Soccer Chaplains United grants budgets 10% of our annual raised funds for proposal requests. Financial needs are limited by the size of our yearly donations; therefore, it is sometimes easier to fill requests for equipment, make referrals, or cross-promote particular ministries.
- Media – Soccer Chaplains United looks for projects that have visuals that can be shared with supporters and also for organizations that can help grow Soccer Chaplains United’s base of interested followers. Ideally, photos or video of the people served by a particular project and promotion of Soccer Chaplains United should be part of a project proposal.
- Where all have Soccer Chaplains United Community Projects been in the U.S. and around the world? — Check out our different projects.
l The street boys of Kampala were incredibly grateful and I got to personally see how some simple uniforms could bring value and a sense of belonging to a group of young boys who desperately need it. m
— Pastor Chris Piehl, Cherry Creek Presbyterian Church (Uganda, 2015)