Euro 2020 — What headline grabbed you?
Heartbreak in England. Celebration in Italy. The 2020 European Championship (played in 2021 due to COVID) has ended the month-long campaign and crowned a winner. It was a football-fest filled with amazing storylines — adversity overcome, unique times and ways for footballer and fan to re-engage with the game with the after-effects of a global pandemic still being felt.
But which storyline most grabbed your attention? Was it the 55-year drought for England which ended with them making the final? The return of the Azzurri to a dominant form? Or, maybe it was another story — Christian Eriksen and the Danes which made it far and deep into the tourney?
I am Rev Brad Kenney, and this is the Soccer Chaplains United podcast, From the Touchline.
Today, on the podcast I mention some verses in the Bible. They are hyperlinked here (available on our website) for quick reference:
- James, warning on the uncertainty of life — James 4:13-15
- Solomon on the uncertainty of a person’s days — Proverbs 27:1
- David on the fragility of life — Psalm 39:5
- Job on the fragility of man — Job 7:7
- Isaiah on the fragility of humans — Isaiah 2:22
- Words of Jesus and Parable of the Rich Fool — Luke 12:13-21
- The Prayer of Moses (Psalm 90) — NIV and The Message
From the Touchline is a short-feature (usually 10-15 min) podcast with Rev Brad Kenney, Founder and Executive Director of Soccer Chaplains United and Volunteer Chaplain to the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer.
Rev Brad and occasional guests touch on various issues around the topics of faith, family, and football (soccer).
Also, don’t forget that you can listen in our app, SoccrChapUtd, in the Apple and Google store.